Latest Top Trending World News , Top World Trending Stories, Hot News

Breaking

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Mikaela Mayer batters Edina Kiss, forces her to quit in fourth-round TKO

Mayer is currently 6-0 for her professional career, and is looking to make that a 7-0 after her fight with Edina Kiss Saturday night at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona.

5. Mayer Says That Fighting Live on ESPN is a “Dream Come True”  & Can’t Wait to Showcase Her Skills on the “Greatest Sports Network in the World”

The Mayer vs. Kiss fight will be part of a special world championship event featuring Ray Beltran’s WBO lightweight title defense against Jose Pedraza and Isaac Dogboe’s WBO junior featherweight title defense against Hidenori Otake, according to Round by Round Boxing.  “Fighting live on ESPN is a dream come true and something I have been looking forward to since I made the decision to leave the amateur ranks and turn pro with Top Rank,” Mayer told RBR. “I gave up my dream of an Olympic gold medal to step onto a bigger stage and to help take women’s boxing to the next level. Now, after years of fighting out of the limelight, I get to showcase my skills on the greatest sports network in the world.”


Unbeaten lightweight Mikaela Mayer utterly dismantled Edina Kiss in a third-round TKO on a Friday edition of Top Rank on ESPN at Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona.
The skill differential was clear from the opening second.
The 2016 Olympian Mayer (7-0, 4 KO's), 28, who was born in California and trains in Colorado Springs, knocked down Kiss with a big right hand.
Mayer charged right at Kiss and brought the fight to her, landing hard jabs, upjabs, and precise body shots, but Kiss had nothing for her. In the third round, Kiss even turned her back and ran the other direction to give herself some breathing room, but Mayer ran her back down.
After getting the kiss knocked out of her for three rounds, Kiss opted not to come out for the fourth-round.
This is Mayer's fourth bout of 2018 and her second knockout of the year. She scored a first-round knockout of Maria Semertzoglou in March and scored points victories over Baby Nansen and Sheena Kaine, respectively, in May and June.
When asked what she wants next Mayer said: "I want to start going for the belts. I think I am ready. I had a lot of experience in the amateurs. I'm doing what my coaches have told me to do in the pros; they've seen me step up, so I am ready to start taking those belts at 130."
Share this story

No comments:

Post a Comment